What allhx does:
In medical terms "hx" stands for "history" and so "allhx" (pronouced "all-x") is about the history of everything - people, places and things. You can read more on the allhx blog.
What we aspire to:
A B Corp (Benefit Corporation). Simply put, a B Corp exists "to provide a financial return...and to deliver material social benefits to society." That's why, among other things, we committed on day 1 to flow 10% of profit to local charities.
Where we're at:
The history of everything is a tall order, so we had to pick a starting point. Because places play such a meaningful role in history, we decided to start there. In the spring of 2012 we went live with over a million locations in the Greater Toronto Area.
- Update: January 2014 - We added 8MM+ addresses in Florida. Most records include property boundary information, the size of the property and the living area of any buildings.
- Update: August 2013 - We recently launched our US site www.theaddressproject.com with 300k+ addresses in Charlotte, North Carolina.
- Update: June 2013 - New Brunswick, Quebec and the 3 territories are coming online!
- Update: May 2013 - Nova Scotia and Newfoundland & Labrador are up!
- Update: April 2013 - Manitoba and Sasketchewan are now coming online.
- Update: January 2013 - Alberta is now coming online.
- Update: November 2012 - We've recently brought on hundreds of new cities in Ontario and started our profiling of British Columbia.
Our biggest cities:
- Toronto, ON (580,208 address)
- Montreal, QC (400k+ address)
- Ottawa, ON (280,152)
- Hamilton, ON (159,487)
- Mississauga, ON (146,266)
- Brampton, ON (116,701)
- London, ON (113,373)
- Vancouver, BC (108,868)
- Winnipeg, MB (100k+)
- Surrey, BC (85,055)
- Windsor, ON (75,784)
- Kitchener, ON (66,767)